- Prepare the sound source as good as possible
- If you are using mic to capture the sound source, keep your mixer EQ flat and find the best position of your mic before recording the sound source.
- Listen carefully to the sound that comes from monitor speakers.
- Don't do an extreme EQ-ing except for Drum tracks.
- Compare the result between after and before EQ-ing.
- Make sure the difference is not too extreme.
- Return to the first step if your EQ settings are too extreme and still don’t get the sound as you want.
Audio Frequency Equalizer
Electric Guitar Mixing